Sunday, July 6, 2008

Just Purchased: Vintage Whiting and Davis Necklace

Photobucket


Fellow summer intern Sanhita and I made our way to Chelsea to thrift mecca Housing Works this morning. She had managed to score a Botkier handbag there a month ago for something ridiculous like $5, so needless to say, I was a little anxious to see what I could find for myself. But of course, like every other activity that involved any bit of planning on my part, we were foiled and the store was closed when we arrived. But not all hope was lost: a cute costume jewelry shop was open right across the street and I zeroed right in on the raddest, most incredible necklace I've ever seen. True, the price was a little steep ($45), but the shopkeeper said it was vintage Whiting and Davis from the '40s that they copped from an estate sale. And you readers should by now that if there's any one person whose style I'd most want to emulate, it's wealthy old little ladies wrapped in fox-furs who reek of muskoils and Sidecars.

22 comments:

Louise said...

love that necklace! very statement-y but simple at the same time. i see you're a teen vogue intern! lucky! i want to intern in nyc next summer, but would i have to rent an apartment for 3 months? how do you guys do it?

Louise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
connie said...

Hey louise! Casey and I applied for summer housing through NYU and they let you stay for as long as you'd like over the summer. But make sure you apply early--spots go fast (ignore the infomercial voice, please)

Jiyeh said...

cuuuute! i have the worst luck with finding decent vintage items!

Chelsea Rae said...

I love that necklace, and there is no problem at all with dressing like a wealthy, old, fox fur clad woman.

I hate when plans fall through, but there's always the light at the end of the tunnel aka a really rad necklace!

Ayesha said...

that necklace reminds me somewhat of a snake, in a very, very cool way, lol. old ladies are way hip, no denying it.

Katlin at Urple said...

Don't you love finding unique vintage pieces! I'm digging how the necklace curls and winds! Can you shape it in different ways and does it stay that way?

connie said...

Ooh I thought it was a snake too when I picked it up! I've been playing around with it the past couple days and I've worn it
- As a choker
- As a belt
- As a bolo necklace
- Like it is

Ack. I love pieces like this.

CAT: said...

I think you have a knack for finding the coolest things.

Britt B said...

oh my gosh what an amazing find! simply gorgeous

* f l u f f * said...

brilliant necklace!

That Girl said...

LOVE THIS.
good buy

-SLCsocialite

LML said...

really unique and pretty!
im jealous of all your NYC vintage finds!

Thu said...

hi, i found your blog through teen vogue and have really enjoyed reading it. i've been checking back often! :] that necklace is like, major blingage. reminds me of a snake, kind of?? anyways, please link me if possible. thanks!

Lo said...

I have avery similar one. It's a belt though.

Anonymous said...

oh i think i saw you today by spring and lafeyette!

bastylefilegirl said...

Smart buy now everyone will ask "where'd you get the necklace" and you can roll your eyes and say it's vintage darrrrrrrrrrrrling, you know one of a kind!

Secretista said...

Price is a little steep, but who cares it's fabuloso!

connie said...

Haha! It probably WAS me--I live right by that area! Come say hello next time!

Rice and Beans Vintage Clothing said...

I love that belt! I have a very similar Whiting & Davis one for sale at Rice and Beans vintage! Nice score.

sexy1689 said...

1
戀人,色情小說|
情趣影片,
維克斯|
情色影片|
模特兒,愛衣朵拉模特兒|伊莉,
好極情趣購物網,
愛情,就是愛放電,色情網站|
愛愛貼圖,
情趣貼圖|

情趣椅,成人用品|
愛情故事,情趣內衣|

情趣小說,情趣商店,一葉情|

情趣用,情色貼片|

內衣模特兒寫真,內衣模特兒寫真,情色論壇|

情趣用品網,情色貼圖|
情人節套餐,色情|
Plus,台灣情色網|
伊林模特兒寫真,情人趣味用品,

2
大穴情色模特兒,情色小遊戲,
日本模特兒寫真,色情圖片,
情色自拍,情色自拍,
情趣遊戲,色情漫畫,
情人節禮物,


浪漫,
..,.,
.,.,.,.,

Anonymous said...

Cheapest fastest real youtube views

[url=http://www.icanhazviews.com]fast youtube views[/url]