Saturday, June 7, 2008

Channeling: Superheroes

Photobucket


After work yesterday, I met a couple friends at the Met so we could check out the Costume Institute's Superheroes exhibit. Not to get all cerebral on you guys, but I love love love visual studies and the kinds of societal analysis that this exhibit had (check out their website if you care to find out more). My favorite paper that I've written in college was about how gender roles become more exacerbated in fashion during economic recessions and I went through scores of runway shows for research to do a psychoanalysis reading...(nerdynerdynerdy), so you can imagine how excited I was when I finally got to see all the clothes after reading all the introspective analysis online. On an aesthetic note, they had the gold armored Balenciaga leggings which were AMAZING and Hussein Chalayan dresses, not to mention all these great Thierry Mugler pieces. If you have the opportunity to catch the exhibit before it closes, I really recommend it.

Motel Jumpsuit
American Apparel headband
ASOS shoes
Topshop belt

6 comments:

lc said...

hm i have a cerebral question - what about all the sexual confusion that was going on during the weimar republic?

Anonymous said...

I would love to go to the exhibit! You're so very lucky. And the headband is amazing; I may have to pick that up....

Casey said...

I am definitely going to the exhibit if I can find someone who wants to accompany me. Fun AND intellectually stimulating. Also, that paper sounds something awesome.

Supercalifashionista said...

I was just shopping online at Girlprops, and found the most darling lightning bolt necklace. Very superhero chic!

Owner of this space ;) said...

This is similar to a new 'superheroes' collection arriving at topshop soon! I love the belt you've put up - found you from teen vogue and as you have probably heard from hundreds of other girls - I AM SO JELOUS!! lol :D definitionpoliticalspeakspace.blogspot.com x

sexy1689 said...

1
戀人,色情小說|
情趣影片,
維克斯|
情色影片|
模特兒,愛衣朵拉模特兒|伊莉,
好極情趣購物網,
愛情,就是愛放電,色情網站|
愛愛貼圖,
情趣貼圖|

情趣椅,成人用品|
愛情故事,情趣內衣|

情趣小說,情趣商店,一葉情|

情趣用,情色貼片|

內衣模特兒寫真,內衣模特兒寫真,情色論壇|

情趣用品網,情色貼圖|
情人節套餐,色情|
Plus,台灣情色網|
伊林模特兒寫真,情人趣味用品,

2
大穴情色模特兒,情色小遊戲,
日本模特兒寫真,色情圖片,
情色自拍,情色自拍,
情趣遊戲,色情漫畫,
情人節禮物,


浪漫,
..,.,
.,.,.,.,