Friday, March 28, 2008

Spring Break '08: Day 4

Picture 703

I woke up super early for last minute tweaks on my interview outfit. This was my initial plan, but the weather was just not cooperating, so I threw on a pair of black tights at the last minute. And horrors of horrors, there was a huge run going the entirety of my back leg. I ran out to Duane Reade, but all they had left was a pair of black stirrup tights, but it was way too late to care to much.

The tie-dye dress was from Forever21, the blazer is an old one from my Forensics days in high school (The Limited, I think), the insanely high platform shoes were from the sick fucks at H&M (oww), the bag from H&M also, and the necklace from ForLove21. Overall, the outfit was comfortable enough to sprint around in, but the unholy, terrible shoes of death didn't feel like cooperating much.

My plan was to the area fairly early and buy some coffee a few blocks down to sip while walking there. The plan would have worked, save for the fact that the streets were completely paved with COBBLESTONES so what I imagined would have been a super-fashionable sashay turned into this a super-precarious tiptoe with my coffee spilling everywhere. Wahoo.

I got to the offices, and was informed that the editor was going to be half an hour late, so I started going through my portfolio. And then, the office doors swung open, and guess who walked in.

LC.

From the Hills.

LC FROM THE FREAKIN' HILLS.

I cannot even tell you guys how surreal it was to have watched the Hills premiere the day before and then see Lauren actually sashay into the offices with her personal assistant in tow. I don't exactly remember what they talked about, but the names "Kristen", "Audrina" and "Les Deux" definitely popped up.

But the interview went swimmingly and I'll let you know my decisions as soon as I make them!

I rushed to the Coutorture offices in Brooklyn right afterwards, and had a wonderful chat with Julie who took time out of her busy, busy day full of photoshoots and press releases to talk about the industry and Coutorture. Thanks for the afternoon Julie!

By then, I was POOPED but was adamant on going thrifting, but as soon as I stepped into Beacon's Closet (thanks for the tips LC), I was feeling unbelievably uninspired, my feet were being eaten alive by my terrible shoes, I had to pee, and all I wanted to do was take a fat cat nap. So I did a quick run around the store, saw so many fabulous things that I kick myself in hindsight for not at least trying on, and headed back uptown. I fell asleep at 9pm and didn't wake until noon the next morning.

29 comments:

Reem said...

GREAT outfit

and I know where you are interning
heheh
((I think))

but I'll let you tell everyone
lol

peep said...

nylon internship?

Anonymous said...

i was in the same boutique as LC in a boutique in Corona Del Mar. it was sort of weird.

Anonymous said...

heehee, i think i know too!!!! coughnyloncoughcough. that must have been pretty freakin' surreal seeing LC there!!!

courtney said...

WOW Lauren walked in?! How crazy-awesome! I just watched the premiere last night too. Maybeee you can be the new teen vogue intern with LC since Whitney is apparently quitting! That would be so cool! But if you ARE doing Nylon, that is just as cool/actually kind of cooler.

Your blog is the best fashion blog there is, I can't even stand other ones anymore so I bet you'll be making your name very very soon. :)

lc said...

my guess is nylon, too, because you mentioned cobblestone...

pimpin-ride said...

congrats! LC. speechless

connie said...

ack ack ack sorry guys my computer self combusted and the remainder NY posts are going to have to wait until next week when HP finishes fixing it :(

Jess said...

what sorts of thi ngs were in your portfolio? i wanna see!

eye4style said...

You looked fantastic and congrats on the internship!

teenfashionista said...

Do you think LC took one look at your outfit and instantly felt bad about what she was wearing?

Because I do!!!

Jamie said...

Congratulations! God I am jealous...

jenna said...

Congratulations on your internship. The only internship i can get in my area is with a political party! I liked your coffee plan, i always do the walk and sip. I like to think it makes me look sophisticated.

Anonymous said...

congratulations!! your blog is amazing. not to be creepy, but you're kind of my idol.

la petite fashionista said...

you look awesomely stylish.. no wonder they offered you an internship!:) that's insane that you ran into LC haha you are coming back with all these amazing vacation stories! let us know about the internship as soon as you figure things out!
xoxo

chris said...

Congrats!!! Can you share what was on your resume/portfolio?

bbq said...

my friend loves your site, she is weird! she wanted me to say howdy. so there it is.

-bbq


www.
bbqchickenrobot
.com

emilyellen said...

that bag is so great, the fringe is perfect.

connie said...

Thankksss everyone!

I'll do a "how-to" post I guess on resume/portfolio building, but it's going to have to wait until my poor laptop gets fixed :(

But seriously check back on Monday (hopefully) for the wrapup of my trip (which includes a run-in with the ice woman herself) and an unveiling of my internship decisions!

ellie said...

could you possibly to a "how to" post on dressing for fashion interviews as well? i'm looking for an internship in dallas right now, and i have no clue what to wear to my interviews.

The Clothes Horse said...

LC??? You look super chic and professional at the same time. Love it!

Katt said...

please tell me where you got that black fringe bag and if it's still available . . . I want it soooo bad :) thanks! digging your blog

Katt said...

oops I see it's from H&M, ha ha yes I can read, that is the bane of my existence that I do not live in a city with an H&M

Anonymous said...

update??

Anonymous said...

the lack of updates is killing me. i think i am having withdrawl pains.

MizzJ said...

Love your outfit! That tie-dye dress and the necklace are gorgeous! Good luck on the job and hope to get some updates soon :)

adam brown said...

Hello I just entered before I have to leave to the airport, it's been very nice to meet you, if you want here is the site I told you about where I type some stuff and make good money (I work from home): here it is

adam brown said...

Hello I just entered before I have to leave to the airport, it's been very nice to meet you, if you want here is the site I told you about where I type some stuff and make good money (I work from home): here it is

Ria said...

I absolutely adore Beacon's Closet. I got five fabulously unique pieces there, all together under 100 bucks.