Tuesday, March 4, 2008

OMG, Why?: Boho Tunics

boho


Even though I hail from Berkeley, I cannot condone the recent proliferation of "stoner-chic". It is not ironic, not "fun", and I pray for Shopbop's soul for using the word "hot" to describe the monstrosity on the right. And if you follow Shopbop's advice and "wear it on vacation", I can guarantee that the locals will stay far away--the knuckle graing sleeves, unflattering stripes and general "Robin Hood of Sherweed Forest" look just screams "I have decided to accessorize with dried bits of bum vomit and microbrew beer stains. Huzzah!" And it being comfy and "alternative" is NOT an excuse to spend an offensive $300 on something that looks like it passed through Bob Marley's digestive tract. Just say no, boys and girls. Just say no.

9 comments:

lise said...

i dig the extra-long sleeves but the print and color patterns are atrocious. the one on the left could be carried off by a laid-back chic French girl provided she had the accent. but that can be said for almost all unbearable fashion, no?

lc said...

FUG! i can't decide which is worse - the corset front with the long tassels, or the keyhole with the toggle.

roxanne said...

hah. the one on the left is particularly heinous, though i wonder if there are better ways to pull off the look.

Caitlin said...

While I most certainly would NOT spend $300 on this shirt, I kind of like it. Green looks good on me, and I am always down for extra long sleeves (you know, ape arms and all).

May said...

these are pretty scary. whoever designed the one on the left looks like they stole those tassels from my grandma's curtains

hannah said...

haha, "stoner chic", thats hilarious. all the stoners in my school seriously dress like this. they think they are hippies. great post.

Camilla said...

Hahah! I hate stoner-chic too. Awesome comment on these sweaters.

courtney said...

the one on the left is totally do-able. but you'd have to wear really short shorts with it and you couldn't look anything like that ginger model. a hat might help too.

Anonymous said...

Today is my lucky day :)
Apple is giving review copies of iPad to 100 lucky person. Go to http://bit.ly/cmmVr7 and apply for it.