Monday, February 11, 2008

Fresh Junk: Jovovich Hawk for Target

jh


jh2


There isn't a Target within walking distance of my house (and I'm too afraid to take ol' rusty Che--Alec's moped constructed around the 8th century AD), so I haven't been to Target in ages. However, I popped in the other day to buy a new coffee maker, and stopped by the clothing section out of habit. Lo and behold--no Go International line?! There's apparently a brief hiatus until the Jovovich Hawk line comes out (March 2), and judging from the prereleased pictures, I might have to sit this one out too. There are a couple of cute pieces (namely the blue dress, the adorable chambray shorts and the vest), but there's just too much "Oklahoma" in this line to tickle me. But then again, I'm biased against anything without leather and an edg and I know that the whole "Bohemian Cowgirl" something or another look is hip for spring (whyy). So if you're into this kind of thing, I can't think of a cheaper, more complete line to pick from.

7 comments:

Wendy said...

I feel the same way about this collection. I was actually pretty hyped up for it, but seeing the released photos killed it.

That Fashionista said...

I don't know, I kind of like this hippy/boho/cowgirl (what a trend clash!) look -- a lot actually. I'm particually eyeing that floral forck I'm usually disappointed once I come face to face with a Go International collection, but we'll see.

Marcus said...

You make me look bad...

courtney said...

I was excited to see Jovovich-Hawk for Target
until you described it as "Oklahoma."

I live in Oklahoma! :(

But I know what you mean, I've never been a big fan of their collections.
It's too "Granola" for me.
I'm just a big Milla fan.

There are a couple cute pieces, but from now on please say "granola" not "oklahoma." pleeeease!

connie said...

nono courtney I mean Oklahoma the musical--the one with the big dresses and the cowboy hats and that one song..."OOOOKlahoma!"

not the state.

Nicey said...

I lurve the cow girl look, keep on doing what you keep on doing !

May said...

couldn't agree more. i expected something edgier than little house on the prairie.