Monday, February 4, 2008

Fresh Junk: Gryson for Target

gryson


Target’s past accessories collaborations have featured pretty rad designers (props especially to Loeffler Randall), but the styles have never actually tempted me to buy anything. The problem? Mainly that the distinct shapes and substandard materials usually led to people instantly recognizing your bag as a cheaper version of the real thing. Also, I like my bags to be able to stand up to as much damage as I can give—anything flimsier than a duffel usually have a shockingly short lifespan. Enter, former Marc Jacobs disgner, Joy Gryson. Her bags usually have beautiful detailing in luxe leathers with just that touch of badass to keep your street cred healthy. Expect seeing them in stores in Spring of 2008.

Note: these aren't actually the Target line--but I'll make sure to get pictures up when they're released.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! These bags will bags I'll actually be purchasing! I love the two on the bottom - I'm such a bore, always sticking to the browns.

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

NOMINATE. VOTE. CELEBRATE. RECONIZE.

Voting has begun for THE FASHION BLOGGER AWARDS!

http://mahalofashion.blogspot.com/2008/02/fashion-blogger-awards-2008.html

Complete list of nominees:
http://mahalofashion.blogspot.com/2008/02/fba.html


Official site:
http://Mahalofashion.com/Awards.html

Anonymous said...

these aren't the target bags, are they? I think these are just from the regular gryson line, if i am not mistaken.

connie said...

These are just Gryson bags, I should have probably specified that...