Friday, January 18, 2008

Fresh Junk: Star Print

star


There's that awkward period of time in fashion cycles where certain looks aren't old enough to be vintage nor new enough to be trendy. Things in this category include square necks, spaghetti straps and beanie babies. Things that might be in this category? Star prints. I wasn't a particular fan of the Topshop dress (above right) that Alex Chung was seen trotting around in, but after Kate Moss's star party bash, I'm having second thoughts about the motif. It's campy and tacky, granted, but I can't tell anymore if campy and tacky is necessarily something to avoid. Thoughts?

From left, Viktor and Rolf dress, Topshop shirt, Topshop dress

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

campy and tacky is never a bad thing in my book :] I have a red necklace with giant plastic stars on it that I love.

bigglassesgirl said...

when oh when will my beanie babies finally turn into a worthwhile investment

Anonymous said...

No!!! Kate Moss was horribly misguided when she picked out that ensemble. Yuck! Don't do it, Connie.

Mine said...

well,one year ago prints with stars were soo trendy over here.everyone got hoodies with stars,earrings with stars,necklaces,tatoos,etc.
i couldn't see stars since now.i like the dress :)

brooke said...

eh, not a fan