Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Channeling: Ssttresssss

stress


Don't think that I've been neglecting you, lovely readers. I've actually just been piled under a mountain of readings, papers, midterms, assignments and chores. Hell, I don't even have time for my daily dose of Guitar Hero anymore. College is hard. But fret not, I assure you that while I'm hermit-ing myself in the library along with my fellow crusty-eyed stressed-out students, I'm definitely looking much cuter than they are. Like throwing strike-outs or buying lottery tickets, I believe that effective studying requires ritualistic rites. For example, I always need a hood tied under my chin if I'm going to buckle down. I throw in a couple of focus foxes to keep concentration and my thermos of coffee has to be placed on my left side. Why? I have no idea. Stress coping mechanisms? Shady signs of OCD? Perhaps, but all I know is that you should probably just bear with me for awhile--or at least until next Monday when my twelve pager on developmental communications in Singapore is turned in.

Also, I am incredibly amused by the Benjamin Franklin stress ball.

5 comments:

Caitlin said...

Hang in there, Connie. I will always remember that one girl hunched over, one leg thrown on top of the table, hood on and securely fastened in the gym in front of everyone during AP test week. Fond memories!

3 Column Grid said...

I can't believe you didn't even acknowledge the "Fret not" pun after talking about Guitar Hero! That shows restraint, yo.

connie said...

ahahhahha fret not? what a wonderful example of wordsmithery!

Rori said...

what.... is a focus fox?

connie said...

That thing you do with your hands that kind of looks like the thing that annoying fans at rock concerts throw around. But, it's also what counselors at summer camps and grade school teachers used to do to get kids quiet?