Thursday, November 29, 2007

Channeling: Into the Woods

woods


I was flipping through my roomie's camping pictures and although they look like they're having a blast (except for the one that Alec aptly dubbed "the one where we're fighting Charlie in Vee-it-nam"), I'm SO glad that I wasn't there. I couldn't imagine a worse time than spending a weekend trudging through dirt, mud, and newts (apparently) to set up a tent that you'll freeze in during the night, only to walk back to where you started. During my family's Yellowstone vacation, I was the one who slept in the car. That said, I have an unnatural attraction to things with a rugged feel. Even if you'll never find me actually using a pair of hiking boots and Patagonia backpack for its actual purposes, you will see me "roughin'" it up to classes in platform Chloe boots and buffalo plaid tops.

Girlprops necklace
Twelve by Twelve dress
Delias scarf
Topshop hat
Chloe boots
Marykate Olsen in a peacock feather headband (and although I know that peacocks aren't exactly woodland creatures, they live in the wild I think, damnit.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am SO glad buffalo plaid is in style again, it's my favorite pattern!

Julia said...

How disappointed did you think I was when I didn't see any reference to the beloved Lindow? I mean... into the woods. All that comes to mind is bright white dad tennis shoes, mom jeans, and polos.

-Julia

Stephanie said...

Hey, I love your blog! I'll definitely add you to my links, and you can add me if you want.
I was wondering though - how do you get your pictures to be so large? I can't figure it out!

Stephanie said...

Hey, I love your blog! I'll definitely add you to my links, and you can add me if you want.
I was wondering though - how do you get your pictures to be so large? I can't figure it out!

connie said...

I have a flickr account and just copy the code onto my blogger text box. It seems that blogger sometimes has image issues and the limited choices of sizing is a problem for me. Good luck!