Monday, October 22, 2007

What's What: According to Miu Miu Spring 08

miu


There are some things in fashion that I can’t understand. Form over functionality, I know, I know, but it’s really hard to justify things like sheer MC Hammer Pants, or fishnets. Something else to add onto that list: Miu Miu’s super-short pantaloons. I’m probably going to be eating my words come spring when everyone around me is sporting a diaper booty. I’m hesitant to say it’s going to make any sort of impact on the fashion community (since it is so damn fugly), but since every other look that came down that runway involved a poufed nightmare, I’m loathe to say that I’ll never see these things again. So, if you’re braver than I, or have a more avant garde aesthetic—steal those bloomies from right under that beer wench sorority girl next Wednesday. You’ll be ahead of the curve.

3 comments:

Marty said...

Saw a girl with them in the hot weather. Ugly. Down right unflattering.

scarlettholly said...

No way!! I saw a pair on www.etsy.com that are handmade of vintage lace, and I want to wear them with black tights, cream socks, adn hunter wellingtons. I guess you'll still be pointing and laughing then too? ;-)

SICK. said...

i doubt i'd actually wear them, but nevertheless, i love miu miu. i even named a cat, that kinda sorta hangs out around my house a lot, miu miu.

:]

jh.