Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Prep the Themester: Country Club

country


When I was deciding which college to attend, I had the option of going to a large, public school in California, or attending a small, private school in the East Coast. While this decision may seem dichotomous, it was actually very hard to make, and I finally settled on the fine (West Coast) institution I’m at now. I’m sure I’ve made the right choice, but sometimes, I think about how I could have been pulling out blazers and ribbon belts from my closet instead of sandals and cotton separates. Last weekend’s Country Club party gave me a chance to entertain my other half. True, it was bizarre dressing in a polo, a cable knit sweater, and a headband, but at the same time, it was oddly satisfying. This doesn’t mean I’m trading in my American Apparel for JCrew anytime soon, but sometimes it’s fun to see how the other half lives. Avoid looking too much like Mommy Muffy by keeping things short, and mixing in modern pieces to balance out all the Nantucket-y class.

3 comments:

teenfashionista said...

Yay!!!! Connie, this is my favorite post of all time.

Isn't the owl J. Crew cardigan fantastic? I think so, but that could be because I own it. :o)

kels said...

you see to have the costume situation under control. any suggestions for halloween?

emsie said...

i do love preppiness!

x