Thursday, September 20, 2007

Really Obsessed With: Shearling Coats

coat


Hallelujah! Today marks the official first morning that it has felt like fall. Despite the sunshine, the air was crisp and chilly and everything smelled like wet leaves. But more importantly, I got to pull on my just purchased pair of thick wool tights which I've been stubbornly holding out for. But alas, when it rains, it pours: after emerging from my Game Theory class later on, I was disappointed to find that Berkeley's fall season was approximately 1.4 hours long. It was freezing, rainy, and way too miserable for my un-coated self. I've been huddled up in the (heated) library all afternoon eying coats from NET-A-PORTER and Topshop, but out of all the trendy bracelet sleeved, cocoon shaped, pleated, poufed and pinned contraptions out there, all I really wanted was a cuddly furry thing that I could bury my face in. Take Ms. Katie Bee's example: rock a vintage leather shearling coat and smile away those chills, goddammit!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yayy exciting.. p.s. i got that coat at down at lulus this amazing store on telegraph and 66th ish

love,
the girl who will have a blog soon...

Marty said...

Those coats were cool 4 years ago. Sorry to burst your fashion bubble, but you're not always legit.

connie said...

marty, gregor's charm must be rubbing off on you.

brooke said...

i kind of have to agree that theyre not quite at the "edge" of fashion. if youre down with them though then go for it