Monday, September 10, 2007

Really Obsessed With: Echo Scarves

scarves


Picture this: you wake up at 9:50 am, realize that you have a class in twenty minutes (which is, unfortunately 25 minutes away) and suddenly find yourself in that uncomfortable yet very very necessary situation where you have to prioritize your personal hygiene routine. Teeth brushing? Probably necessary. Deodorant? Oh, god yes. Shower? Ha! Dear readers, if there's anything I've learned in my stint here in college, it's that even when your hair resembles an Exxon Mobile disaster, there is no need for wasting those few minutes in the shower. Simply tie a large scarf around your hair, pull on a pair of jeans and a blazer over your oversized pajama top, and get your ass moving. It's the oldest trick in the book: you end up looking meticulously disheveled (without the pains of meticulously getting there), and you have an excuse to stock up on loads and loads of Echo scarves (found in a consignment shop, near you!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the scarves, but how can this be made less Russian babushka and more college student wearable? I always fall back on hats to cover up my unwashed hair.

Cecelia said...

i am currently wearing a similar scarf to the teal one.

: )

amyliz said...

Welcome to my Monday morning.

Sans superbly stylish scarf, unfortunately.


ahahaha alliteration. (sorry)

connie said...

Beautiful alliteration, amyliz.

And anon, you can try the turban http://prettylegit.blogspot.com/2007/07/roadtesting-trends-turban.html or if you want to go the traditional route, just tie is headband style (a la Lauren Conrad).

Emily said...

I cannot tell you how much I agree with the prioritizing of hygiene routine. That was me this morning. I've been using a vintage chiffon headscarf that is doing the job.