Monday, September 3, 2007

Prep the Themester: Tea Party

tea


Granted, a high percentage of all themed parties thrown are thrown by fraternities, which explains the disproportional number parties with themes that encourage lingerie. That's why I'm always happy to attend something that's more about the pretty than the titties. And seriously, what girl isn't happy to attend a tea party? Throwing back shots in little teacups is both classy and crass, waving at people with your pinky finger's finally acceptable and, if you're lucky, a dapper Mr. Darcy will offer to fetch you a scone. But most importantly? There's finally an excuse to employ that lame British accent that you've been practicing. Cheerio!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

wheeja get that beee necklace from??

connie said...

Fred Flare--but hurry, there's only 6 left!

bigglassesgirl said...

but the real question is...which mr darcy - colin firth or matthew macfadyen, and remember, this counts for everything

connie said...

Oh my god, even with a week of school behind me, this may be the hardest question I've been asked yet.

Matthew MacFayden--even though I hold a special place in my heart for Mr. Firth--MacFayden is EXACTLY what I imagined Mr. Darcy would have been like. Plus, Mr. Darcy was never quite the kind of guy that'd father Amanday Bynes. Yes. I just made a "What a Girl Wants" reference.

bigglassesgirl said...

See I have to stick by Mr Firth because his strength of person alone nursed me back to health when I had my wisdom teeth pulled

...but I am willing to acknowledge the bynes factor as detrimental, though I think his role in Love Actually as Jamie building a relationship only through the language of love (b/c Aurelia only spoke Portuguese) should make up a bit for that mishap, don't you say?

Anonymous said...

that blue dress is amazing. where is it from?

connie said...

Ahhahahaa I think you have a point. Also, his abundance of wet man-pooch in his that scene after he dives into the pond in Pride and Prejudice has provided me and my friends hours of entertainment. Manaltoe much? Almond joy?

And to anonymous--it's Topshop!

Jamie said...

I love this post! It's such a cool idea. And I agree that theme parties like this are much more interesting than the usual college party. Oh, and I'd take MacFayden over Firth any day.

Toodle pip!

Bethany said...

Love the felicity merriman refrence lol.

Ada said...

My Sweet 16 was themed "Alice in Wonderland"!