Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Fresh Junk: Elizabeth and James

elizjames


There seems to be this large canyon between grungy and polished that only the super cool can fill. So it really hurts me to say this, but the same girls who got me through middle school sick-days are the same girls who are dominating this void. Ashley and MK? I've tried to hate your wide eyed bag lady thing, but your new Elizabeth and James line is soooo sick that any wisp of bad feelings have faded. You've made sculptural hoods seem so wearable, and flannel shirts seem classy, although, to be fair, I’ve never heard of a situation where “cocktail shorts” would be appropriate (at a black tie barbecue, perhaps?). Whatever the case, thanks for giving my fall wardrobe some direction. (But this doesn't mean I forgive you for New York Minute--oh god, what a travesty).

6 comments:

Libertygirl said...

Wow! It's really not as bad I thought it would be. Cute blog BTW! I've added you to my links xx

brooke said...

new york minute is the worst thing that could have ever possibly happened to the olsens. horrible...horrible.

Eli said...

ummmm, minus the balenciaga shoes, this is exactly what they wear. do we have to dress one year behind them?

sam said...

i love this collection too! i thought there was no way it would be good (even tho i love mk and a) but it's so fab.

Candid Cool said...

It's pretty good. The 1st outfit is like a lower priced version of what The Row has. Even though they are only creative consultants for E&J.
-h

Desana said...

You write very well.