Thursday, July 12, 2007

Mad Delusions: Dries Van Noten Glitter Shoes

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I have this weird habit of buying shoes that I later notice on geriatric types (usually worn with Blueblocker sunglasses and a walker). Even though I never check out a pair of loafers and go "GOD I hope Ethel has these too", it's become frequent enough that I've decided to (reluctantly) acknowledge that it's one of my style quirks. I'm curious to see which blue-haired devil has enough cajones to rock these puppies, but the flat wide heel, the elastic white panel, mid 90's silhouette and the glitter (the glitter!) has me quite excited. Too bad the 110 pound price tag is still too steep for me--otherwise I'd be the hottest senior citizen wannabe this side of Florida.

5 comments:

Marty said...

can we grow old together?

teenfashionista said...

Both of my grandmothers have passed away. Is it wrong that I salvaged their wardrobes and wear clothes from both regularly?

Hmm... don't hold that against me.

brooke said...

teenfashionista- no its not wrong! i would loooove to do that!

connie said...

Marty--as long as your shorts don't have rouching on them, I'm down.

And I'd totally raid my grandparent's closets if it weren't for one of them wasn't 300 lbs, and the other being 4'5"

teenfashionista said...

Connie - that's why they make waist-cinching belts! I can see a floral muu-muu looking fantastic with vintage scarf cincher.