Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Fresh Junk: Monochromatic a la Anne Valerie Hash

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Back in high school, before the Student Council kicked me off its team (I seemed to had forgotten that a 50% attendence record wasn't exactly something they looked for in a member), I helped organize our school's Homecoming spirit week. Amidst the student favorites such as pajama day (yawn), college day (ho hum) and Hawaiian day (...), I managed to rally up enough support for a monochromatic day. Oh, glorious readers, I can't tell you how much fun it was to dress up that morning and put on a pair of yellow tights underneath a yellow sundress, and top it off with yellow Wellies, a yellow tote and a lovely patterned yellow houndstooth scarf. It was too bad that the majority of kids didn't bother, or couldn't bother with this theme ("monochromatic...is that like robot clothes or something?"). You can imagine my excitement that the head to toe look is gracing the couture shows. And I completely agree with StyleBubble's latest post on Anne Valerie Hash' 07-08 F/W Haute Couture collection--this trend is far too delicious to stay on the runways.

1 comment:

la petite fashionista said...

"...is that like robot clothes or something?").hahah this sounds like the dumbasses at my high school. we had a "vanquish the vikings" theme one year and no one knew what vanquish meant. it's really quite pathetic haha