Sunday, July 1, 2007

Channeling: M.I.A.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I'm glad to see my girl M.I.A. getting some love on teh interweb (here and here). I remember munching on Cinnamon Toast Waffles while watching TRL one afternoon (it was a slow day) and some painfully trendy VJ introduced some Sri Lanken artist who was obviously way too cool and ahead of her time for the pubescent TRL audience to pay attention to. Anyways, I was fascinated by her neon windbreakers, colorful MSPaint-y background and great display of awkward dancing. Try it yourself with sequined layers, latex leggings and graphic tees. As for the awkward dancing? Think "treading water"/"Native American rain-dancing" to a reggae beat.

2 comments:

behindbigglasses said...

I think she got a bob haircut...like everyone else, but it looks good. Love M.I.A.

la petite fashionista said...

haha we actually had a routine to an m.i.a. song for dance team. i didnt realize she's got such great style!