Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Article Vol2: Tagged!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I never pass up an opportunity to write about myself (duh). Thanks to Chelsea Rae from Pink Rock Candy, here's another opportunity. YES.

7 Gratuitous Facts About Connie
1. I have a tattoo on my hip of a falling sparrow (a line from Hamlet--I'm a nerd, I know). It's my first, my last, and the only thing I've done so far that warranted a kicking out of the house by my parents (albeit, only for an hour). Yikes.

2. In high school, I signed up for Weight Training as my P.E. option instead of the girly yoga/pilates/meditation one. I ended up getting quite obsessed about weights and the like, set the school record for dips, and ended up with some rather masculine looking muscles. Needless to say, I quit after a semester and now am back to my un-fit self.

3. I have seen every single episode of Good Eats. Alton Brown? If you can read this, a;ldkjglakwejgalkew I LOVE YOU.

4. I can play the throat bagpipes and do a convincing imitation of a crying baby. Goddamn, I'm talented.

5. I LIVE for themed parties and have more costumes than a regular college girl should. Halloween is my favorite holiday, and I've already begun to work on my costume. Sneak peek: it involves a beard, a vest and hot pants.

6. I eat my hardboiled eggs with ketchup.

7. I keep a notebook of phrases and words that I like the sound of. Newest additions: "It takes a certain amount of genius to stage a derisive spoof of MTV’s My Super Sweet 16 while enthusiastically aping the very materialism it promotes." (Jeannette Catsoulis on the newest Bratz movie), and "froding with my fo'ties" (thanks to Sarah, an Encinitas native).

Your turn! Behind Big Glasses, Fops and Dandies, Teen Fashionista, Visconti Is Me, Zebrasaur, you're it!

6 comments:

donna said...

Very fun facts! Your tattoo is really cute though I'm not sure if "cute" was what you were aiming for. The Good Eats thing is hilarious, I've watched a few episodes here and there but every single episode, that's extreme. So do you also watch Iron Chef America because Alton commentates? Your Halloween costume sounds like a cross between Kate Moss and guys from Fiddler on the Roof. I eat scrambled eggs with ketchup. And I have officially written the longest comment on Earth.

lc said...

Are you going as the love child of a rabbi and Kate Moss?

Belle said...

You're going as a sexy 19th hundreds steel conglomerate tycoon. Damn it! That's my custome for this year.

connie said...

ahhahhahaa I wish I was going as the love child of a rabbi (from Fiddler on the roof, natch) and Kate Moss. Or a 19th century steel conglomerate tycoon (damnit belle--you're soooo close).

Me and my friends are going as sexy historical figures. I'm Abe Lincoln. There's also a Shakespeare, a Hemingway, a Socrates, and Paul Bunyan.

trancemanual said...

nice moleskin
:-)

Pengraffe said...

I am wondering where you got the art for your tattoo? It looks like the work of a friend of mine, so I am just curious!