Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Fresh Junk: Cheap Knockoffs

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I've been hardcore sweating the Marc Jacobs Hudsen bags since the birth of this blog (and six months is a long time to sweat), but with a thousand dollar price tag, there was little chance that I was going to be making this purchase anytime soon. Thank goodness for Forever 21 and their sticky little copycat fingers. They've made a pretty decent looking knockoff for 2% of the original's cost. Aaannndd, it's got a longish strap, so my lazy ass doesn't actually have to shlep it around the city.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

love your blog/ do you use photoshop to create your images?

connie said...

i'm a tried and true photoshop lover :)

la petite fashionista said...

whoa. that a pretty good knockoff. i love the pink/black color combo too

Candid Cool said...

i think the knock off is too similar design wise, they may get slapped with another lawsuit...

Anonymous said...

Oh i know, that f21 bag is amazing! I just ordered it online!

bigglassesgirl said...

first off - in a way I love the f21 bag b/c the uni budget dwindles exponentially each day, but then again I actually saved up diligently and own a real stam and when I saw a fake of that in person I did indeed look haughtily down my nose at said offender, and probably made some remark after the fact, so I guess the coin flips both ways haha. secondly - hope you don't mind but borrowed (and credited) your idea to lay clothes out b/c am not in acceptable condition (splotchy from painting) - yet have decided to start a blog because after reading so many like yours feel I want to jump in!


I can't see this comment - hope I'm not posting multiples, if I am do delete, won't you?

Donna said...

Forever21 is infamous for their knockoffs. I wanted to get the brown version of the real thing but it's all gone! Btw, I believe it's "Hudson" but no one cares how it's spelt.

connie said...

ooh, whoops