Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Channeling: Renoir's Luncheon of the Boating Party

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


When Lau Lau was studying for her art history exam, she taped all of the three hundred and some pieces up on our lounge walls in chronological order. And out of the three hundred and some pieces, sadly, art-ignorant me only recognized one: Renoir's Luncheon of the Boating Party. Try the look for yourself with straw trillbys, raffia flats, your lived-in Hanes tanks, and gauzy floral tops.

(Shoes from Steve Madden, hat from Urban Outfitters, shirt from Topshop)

Edit: I just noticed, but doesn't this remind you of Kiera Knightley?

2 comments:

Ada said...

OMG, I thought the exact same thing when I saw the post. Other blogs have been doing posts on her, featuring a similar hat and a dress that looks like the top here. Click on my name for one of the posts on whowhatweardaily.com

Jamie said...

I love this post Connie! I always get outfit inspiration from art. And yes, I just saw that WhoWhatWear feature on Kiera and she was wearing a hat just like that! Great minds...