Thursday, May 31, 2007

Really Obsessed With: Dressing up Khaki

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I'm packing my bags to head back to Cali for my internship, and I've noticed that out of the slew of new purchases to bring back, khaki-colored pieces dominate the bunch. I know, I know--the word khaki does bring to mind ho-hum boring-sauce images (Target employees, MaryAnn from the Babysitters Club, my 11th grade science teacher), but it really doesn't have to. It's the perfect blank canvas for those offbeat accessories that we're afraid to wear. Pair your Gap tent dress or you new Built by Wendy trench with bright tights, sequined bags, lacqured belts, and lots of candy-colored jewelry.

4 comments:

That Student said...

This post had really good timing...I just bought a khaki skirt, so now I know what to do with my blue tights.

teenfashionista said...

How exciting! Did you score a magazine internship?

connie said...

At Glam Media! It's my first day and it's pretty amazing so far!

Anonymous said...

It's official, I'm totally In Love with this blog, and what better day to discover it, than on Valentine's day!