Sunday, March 18, 2007

Roadtesting Trends: The Backwards Cardigan

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Some glossy said that our grandmothers used to BAMF it up by wearing their nubby cardigans backwards. While this basically transforms your ho hum cardi top to a ho hum sweater top, you can get something a lot more interesting by turning your deep V necked cardigans around. The front turns into a collarbone grazing modern dress, and the back? WHAM BAM - a gigantic V cuts down to the small of your back. Simple enough to pull together in a minute, hot enough to knock the socks off anyone lucky enough to catch a glimpse from behind. Who knew Grams could be so foxy?

4 comments:

The Frocker said...

I've tried this look out a few times (with a sweater that, incidentally, looks a lot like the one in the picture) and I always get a ton of compliments! Also, you can button up your cardigans in interesting ways to adjust the length -- if you can get it right, you get this cool slightly messy look. :)

brad said...

this is exactly what i did a couple weeks ago during a show and it got lots of remarks.

Anonymous said...

I wore a my long blue cardigandress back to front the other day, and had my soft pink cardi in the usual way over my backwards dress, just the buttons to be seen downwards from the back of my pink cardigan. Quite a subtile sight...

Anonymous said...

It's not my first time to pay a visit this web site, i am browsing this website dailly and get nice facts from here all the time.

My blog post ... order tantra london