Monday, March 19, 2007

Fresh Junk: Thick Rims

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


My mother used to wear this really gnarly pair of glasses. They were a deep red that graduated towards a nice pinky pink at her nose. They were thick, plastic and magnified her eyes which gave her this funny bewildered look (oh, and did I mention that it came with a cord that hung around her neck?) The best part of it was that I was blessed with a matching pair in the second grade. If only I knew how big they'd be now, I could have totally shut stupid Chase Stevens up: "Uh, you know what Chase? These are so going to be popular with all the Misshapes/Cobrasnake photog whores in like, eleven years, so shut up and give me back my Tamogatchi." Just make sure you actually need glasses before you rock these: there's nothing tackier than lensless rims.

5 comments:

brad said...

e-mail me, i have a proposition

Ada said...

OMG, there's this dude who wears glasses exactly like these in black. He dresses like an 80s New York Hip Hopper (we're in the game, no one is gangsta). Interestingly enough, his nickname is "b-boy".

connie said...

yo brad, email me at prettymuchperfect@gmail.com. I'm intrigued?

Bethany said...

I have a bit of a weakness for boy in thick rimmed glasses

{acissej} said...

I love that jacket your pal has (top left)!